Wee Wednesday "Weaders": Sisters Through and Through (Poem in Two Voices)


Other sisters
Look the same,
Carbon copies -
What a shame.
 
My sister looks
Nothing like me.
We are different
It's plain to see.
 
Different hair color,
Different eyes.
 
Different skin color,
Different size.
 
We look different,
It's plainly true.
 
But we are sisters
Through and through.
 
We keep secrets
From our mom.
 
When it storms,
Sis keeps me calm.
 
We share a room,
Our "Sister Suite".
 
Today we annoy,
Tomorrow we're sweet.
 
Through thick and thin,
We are stuck like glue.
 
We are sisters
Through and through.


Humungous thank you to my smart, funny, gorgeous daughters, Colleen and Maureen, for being this week's "Weaders". (Totally unbiased assessment ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Just wonderful, to read & to hear! Wonderful 'weaders', Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda! My girls make me happy. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Unfortunately Blogger has been known to eat some comments...sorry! If this happened to you, please email me direct: bridget@bridgetmagee.com. I promise I'll answer. :)