Camera Roll 23: Beyond Measure

Thank you to Tabatha who shared a Pádraig Ó Tuama quote: 

"Poetry doesn’t say we have to choose between happiness and sadness, between grief and relief, between catharsis and solitude. Poetry knows that there can always be more than one thing happening at a time.

🍒

 

💀

With Halloween almost upon us, I've 'found' myself participating in Jone's Spooky Spectacular Found Poem challenge. 

Here's my attempt using Children of the Corn by Stephen King:

 

I'm scared out of my mind,

can't we just go?

that question caused 

a trickle of fear

something to do with religion

and corn

and children

YOU ARE NOW LEAVING GATLIN

NICEST LITTLE TOWN IN NEBRASKA 

©2023, Bridget Magee. All Rights Reserved.

 

 

🖌


I'm still working through the #scbwiArtober challenge on Instagram!

I'm particularly proud of a few of my most recent attempts, especially my (eye) "Shadow", "Stormy" and "Crackle" pictures. I continue to have fun with this challenge despite my lack of art training. That's all that matters, right?


🦇


Carol at The Apples in My Orchard has some serious birthday girl bat-titude as this week's Poetry Friday host! Join us, it's fang-tastic!



21 comments:

  1. If life is a bowl of cherries … I love how you make use of the pits! The Nicest Little Town in Nebraska certainly scares me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey! Cherries are THE crop of our Canton (state) in Switzerland. Life like a bowl of Swiss cherries is sweet indeed. :)

      Delete
  2. Bridget, when you have fun, your creativity pours out. Your Instagram account is delightful and I liked what you wrote from Stephen King's Children of the Corn. Keep up your fabulous with and your puns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. Fun is the name of the game in my world. :)

      Delete
  3. Bridget, Thanks for sharing your fun and creative poems! I especially like the one where you used the cherry pits! Poetry is a mix of emotions - for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! I tend to see smiley faces all around me. :)

      Delete
  4. Ahh...wisdom from the kitchen! Perfect, Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patricia! I try to take measure often. :)

      Delete
  5. Once again, I love your inventiveness, Bridget! 🍒💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tabatha! And thank you for the quote reminder. :)

      Delete
  6. So fun! Your poem is the pits!!! The second one sent a shiver up my spine. Perfectly okay since it's almost Halloween. But don't scare me again . . . Jama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jama! I did have another pit-iful poem up my sleeve, but sadly not an armpit one...yet? I have been to be inadvertently scary with my writing and art, so I apologize, Jama. ;)

      Delete
  7. Classic Bridget Punniness! Your first poem made me laugh. The other...guess it would help if I knew the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Lee! Children of the Corn is a spooky/gory Stephen King short story. I'm not great at found poems, but the premise of that story is chilling in and of itself.

      Delete
  8. View of the pits, such a good outlook on the world, Bridget, & thanks for the reminder about Gatlin. I'd forgotten that creepy tale! Good for you for all your work on different things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I enjoy keeping busy...maybe too busy? But I do like fun. :)

      Delete
  9. I agree with the take on happiness in your first poem. POV is everything. I'll have to read some Stephen King. I've always been too afraid to read one of his novels, and Halloween might be the perfect time to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janice! Yes, POV is key. I haven't read a ton of King, but he is a very skilled writer and the Children of the Corn is a very spooky short story. A good one to dip your toe into his freaky mind.

      Delete
  10. Both of your poems made me smile! That twist at the end of your spooky poem is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! Smiles are good - even the ones made out of pits and stems. :)

      Delete
  11. Great post Bridget, thanks for all the cheery-filled smiles 😌 And your instagram artober post are fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Unfortunately Blogger has been known to eat some comments...sorry! If this happened to you, please email me direct: bridget@bridgetmagee.com. I promise I'll answer. :)