Camera Roll (less than) 23: Solstice Song

 I originally wrote this poem in 2016, but it still resonates today. 

I continue to raise my voice for global peace...

(though if you heard my singing voice you'd ask me to lip-sync as did my 9th grade Music teacher, Sister Carmen! 😛)

Candle burning in Mexican Restaurant in Tucson, AZ - March 2017

Thank you to all who filled out wee words for wee ones Fantastic Ekphrastic  Questionnaire #3. You've shared some very interesting viewpoints! If you'd like to be a part of the conversation, click through to the Google form.



 

11 comments:

  1. One of my favorite songs of all time! I'm do-do-do-ing right along with you. Enjoy the holidays xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Solstice! Thanks for this upbeat poem. (My singing voice leaves something to be desired, but my daughters like a singer who makes me feel pretty good about my voice. Whenever I hear her, I'm like, 'hey, I could do that!" haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely rhythm 🎶 for ringing in some “global peace” ☮️ here’s to some hope too, thanks Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Patricia—Adding my voice to your solstice song! Blessing and hope for peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridget, I love your solstice song! It grows even more powerful with the passage of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I mentioned to Patricia earlier that I don't sing out loud either, lol. But your song is worth it — let's belt it out together! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely poem! Yes, let's all lift our voices for global peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a wonderful cheer for all the world, Bridget. Happy Solstice and have a grand holiday with all the trimmings, including music!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't listen to Sister Carmen--sing it, Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, sing it!!! Happy holidays to you. May your days be merry and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this solstice song. I received two luminaries from the Alzheimer's Association to light for my mother. Symbolism helps us see light in the darkness. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Unfortunately Blogger has been known to eat some comments...sorry! If this happened to you, please email me direct: bridget@bridgetmagee.com. I promise I'll answer. :)