BEE Yourself + Lemon is a Word poem

 Keepin' it fresh!

πŸ’›

#beeyourself

#yellow

#Coldplay

#lemonlime

#truelove

πŸ‹

Poetry in Motion: Lemon is a Word


Lemon is an elliptical word.

On the surface it has bright sunshiny appeel

which suggests sweetness,

but really is the dimpled protection for the tart

and tasty juice hiding 

inside.

©2024, Bridget Magee. All Rights Reserved.


Many thanks to Ruth at There is no such thing as a God-forsaken town for hosting Poetry Friday this week.





14 comments:

  1. Such an appeeling mix of elliptical protection and tart sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, "appeel", I love having fun with words like this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! Fun with words is what I live for. :)

      Delete
  3. Wonder how it went with the "first" taste of that "dimpled protection"? Maybe that was the genesis of "tart"? Be Yourself is the best advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I wonder who tried a lemon the first time and what the reaction was. The tartness of lemons can be strong detractor for giving it another taste! :)

      Delete
  4. You are clearly having fun making these videos that can show off your punny brilliance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Lee! I truly love, love, love making these videos. :)

      Delete
  5. So creative, Bridget! I've had a full Saturday of a LEMON-themed bridal shower, including THE best lemon cake I've ever tasted. Your lemon poem and video are the perfect top off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patricia! What a fun theme for a bridal shower and serendipitous for my post this week. Mmm, I like me some lemon cake - I hope you got the recipe. :)

      Delete
  6. This post is anything but a lemon. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Unfortunately Blogger has been known to eat some comments...sorry! If this happened to you, please email me direct: bridget@bridgetmagee.com. I promise I'll answer. :)